Monday, June 1, 2020

Speak

Hey everyone! 


I hope everyone’s safe and taking care of one another! Please don’t forget to take care of yourself too! I understand that with all that has been going on, we’re hurt and overwhelmed. So, continue to pace yourself and know when to unplug and take mental breaks. Then, stand up again, when you’re ready. πŸ™πŸ½


I understand that many of us (such as myself, coming from a conservative, African home) grew up in passive cultures and told to never “talk back” or “use your voice” even when you’re right. In the past, I researched and learned that my ancestors from Madagascar, were on the slave ships that were taken to Georgia and parts of South America such as Brazil and Peru. We were specifically targeted due to our timid, docile and obedient nature, and so were considered best suited as “House slaves.” πŸ˜” Once discovering that, I understood that this is still an ancestral and generational curse that we need to heal and work through. I love and appreciate my people for their big, compassionate hearts, even in the face of adversity. So, I’m doing my best to empathize with those that may have trouble being vocal, while also processing their emotions and dealing with many internal struggles. I’m also proud of those of us that are healing and reprogramming ourselves, as well as, encouraging the generation before us to stand and use their voice just as they’ve witnessed ours.


I’m not asking you to meet me where I am now on this journey (trust me, I’ve been there and I’m constantly evolving) but, rather work through meeting yourself where you are. We ALL have the power to make a difference, so make sure to nurture and know your role! I’ve taken the time to list below ways YOU TOO can do your part, so feel free to share! ⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️⬇️




‼️PSA ‼️

Not everyone is made for the front-line, so don’t guilt trip yourself because you think you MUST be on the front-lines to support! This goes out especially to anyone struggling with mental illness issues, the disabled, chronically ill, their caretakers, nurses/doctors, grocery store workers, farmers, and all other essential persons (or fellow introverts like myself.)


✔️ SUPPORT IN OTHER WAYS ✔️


πŸ’Έ Donate to a BAIL FUND in your area or around the country


πŸ’Š Donate MEDICAL SUPPLIES to people working as medics at the protests


πŸ₯© FEED PEOPLE - buy food and water, or make food, and donate it to those who are part of or affected by the protests


πŸ₯› VOLUNTEER at non-hot zone areas to supply food and water


πŸ“’ Continue to EDUCATE the people around you - this is also emotional labor


πŸš— PICK UP people from the hot-zone if they need it


πŸ₯ Offer to WATCH KIDS if their parents are organizers and need to be on the frontline


🚨 CONFRONT RACISM wherever you see it, online and with family/friends


πŸ“² SHARE LINKS to every resource for protestors you can find - bail funds, information for those arrested, safety precautions, updates for those in your area, etc


πŸ’° DONATE directly to frontline people and organizations


πŸ–‹ WRITE articles and blog posts in support of the ongoing protests


πŸ“£ ORGANIZE on your jobs and in your communities for fair and equitable practices


πŸ›Œ REST is revolutionary and inherently anti-capitalist too, so do your best to rest when you can, and take care of yourself and those around you as much as possible.


*** COPY AND PASTE if you want to share ***













I’m sending all of my love and praying that we can continue to build a better world. 🌍 


Again, all lives cannot matter UNTIL #blacklivesmatter ✊πŸ½πŸ–€


Be wise and stay safe! πŸ™πŸ½


With love,

Sharon πŸ¦‹





No comments:

Post a Comment