Sunday, April 15, 2018

A Sunday Kind of Love

Hey everyone!

I hope you all had a good week and enjoyed your weekend! I just made myself a nice, hot cup of English tea and decided it's about time to add a new post... ☕🙌

This past Wednesday evening, I attended my first makeup launch event for Sunday Riley. It was a wonderful experience and despite the crowd, everyone we encountered was so kind, bubbly and considerate. Primarily, it was for the launch of their foundation called, "The Influencer" | Clean, Long Wear Foundation. It's supposedly a "natural looking, long wear, lightweight feel, satin-matte finish and medium-to-full coverage" foundation and most, if not all of us, were able to get our hands on a variety of shades to suit each of us. Let me tell you that the process of knowing your shade was the easy part, but it was the getting a hold of the right foundation(s) that was a bit chaotic... I kid you not, but one of my best girlfriends and I, were astounded to see hoards of people by these boxes stocked with full-sized foundations and grabbing as many of their suitable shades as possible. We figure that guess it wouldn't hurt to grab our possible summer color too! Thankfully, I was able to grab a good enough amount for not only myself, but also to take for my mom. 💕

They had goodie bags as well, but those flew like hot cakes so I didn't get to grab one. Although, I was able to treat myself to a handful of skincare samples, such as: U.F.O.: Ultra-Clarifying Acne Treatment Face Oil, C.E.O.: 15% Vitamin C Rapid Flash Brightening Serum, Good Genes: All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment, and Saturn: Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask, so all went well.

There were a number of fun inter-active things to do such as: a pink adult-sized slide (included with a landing bin filled with pink plastic balls,) a pink swing, a pink see-saw, a confetti booth, a walk-way with disco lights, a well-lit booth to take a quick 15-second video clip with a pro-videographer that you could then email to yourself, color-matching stations and of course, pretty-in-pink beverages! Did I also forget to mention that Sunday Riley seems to REALLY dig the color pink? 😍🍹📷👯💖

Overall, it was so incredible to see all of these young women (and men) with a passion for beauty, style and coming together in support of a brand that cares about their clients feedback. I look forward to trying out more of the brand's products, get to see what else they come up with next and perhaps attend even more events in the near future.

I'll include photos of the products I received, as well as, some of the what occurred at the event below.

Wishing you all a fabulous night and fan-tabulous new week! 💞

With Love,
Sharon 💋


P.S. please don't hesitate to leave me a comment below if you have any questions or suggestions for possible new content. Thanks so much! XO




The long line seemed quite intimidating, but we made it through... 👏





"Designed for you!" Loved that! 💝


"You mustn't be afraid to sparkle a little brighter, darling."


One of the "Color Match Stations" and got my match, Shade: 200.



"When I was a kid... no wait, I still do that." Yup, I had to take a turn on the pink, adult-sized slide. 😆


My Ride or Die, Mwenya. 💗


We got to write our IG handles on their massive, pink wall and include our shade number. 👌



My shades from natural to "summer tan" (left to right): 200, 210 and 220.


Shade 200: medium with honey-beige undertones.
Shade 210: medium with rich yellow undertones.
Shade 220: medium to tan with golden beige undertones. 

Ready for my close-up for sure! 💁




And lastly, skincare samples! (Listed from left to right.)

1) U.F.O. ultra-clarifying Acne Treatment Face Oil
2) C.E.O. 15% Vitamin C Rapid Flash Brightening Serum
3) Good Genes: All-In-One Lactic Acid Treatment
4) Saturn: Sulfur Acne Treatment Mask



No comments:

Post a Comment