Sunday, August 8, 2021

It's The Most Wonderful Time of the Year... Wedding Season is Here!

“When things are so rough in the world, the intimacy [of a wedding] and this simple belief in building a tiny little nucleus with someone else.… That’s beautiful. It’s what I count on. We’re living through a crazy moment, so let’s just go back to the things that feel real, to people professing love to one another.” -Susan Winget, Marshmallow cofounder. πŸ’–

Ahh, wedding season! Dare I say, my absolute favorite time of the year! 😍 I envision it as the one day in your life that you expect to go smoothly, but then life happens... I'm sure the pandemic has affected many of us with plans to get hitched this past year. Some had to postpone their big day, cancel it altogether or instead, downsize their guest list significantly and have a more intimate yet equally as beautiful, micro-wedding. I swear the concept of having an elopement sounds more and more appealing each day... Whatever you choose, there's still an element of stress regarding how to create your "ideal day." The one day that you'll remember for the rest of your life. Thankfully, it's nice to have the option of having a photographer and/or videographer present, if that's the route you and your partner decide on. It's a great way to make the most out of the experience, in which not only will you have photos and keepsakes for life, but that person could also serve as your witness. Win-win! πŸ™ŒπŸ½

Speaking of elopements... How do y'all feel about that idea? πŸ‘€ There's something so intriguing about eloping because to me, it's literally doing away with the opinions and social concepts of others and making the day strictly about the two of you and your love. I always joke around with my mom and ask how would she feel if I decided to elope? She would respond with: "That's okay as long as I can be a witness." Haha! 🀣

I think the only things stopping me from the idea of an elopement is the fact that one: some say you can always have a small or big celebration with your loved ones later on, but my thing is, I would prefer to do it all ONCE! The way my social battery is set up, I cannot be having two or three events at a time. And second, I struggle with the thought of not having my loved ones present. Lord knows that I don't want the entire motley crew there, but just the nearest and dearest to share that joyous moment with us. Then again, even if I don't decide to elope, I keep telling my mom that this is the perfect time to have an intimate wedding because hello, we're still in a pandemonium! Nobody has the right to get offended if they're not invited. I don't take those types of things personally anyway, so DO YOU BOO BOO! πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½πŸ‘πŸ½

Anywho, we shall see how my love life turns out with all its plot twists and turns... Which reminds me that I need to get on with my "tell-all" novel already! The tea is scorching... Haha! 🍡

And with all that being said... Here are a few of my favorite bridal gowns, engagement rings that are a lovely and cost efficient alternative to diamonds, as well as, some of the biggest wedding trends to look out for in 2021. 

Also, feel free to leave a comment and let me know what wedding trends you’re interested in below! 

Enjoy!

With Love,
Sharon R. πŸ’–


Wedding Trends 2021

  1. Sustainability 
  2. Transformative Attire
  3. Micro Weddings
  4. Intimate Guest Lists
  5. Sequel Weddings
  6. Backyard Weddings
  7. Unexpected Venues
  8. Domestic Destinations
  9. Pod Seating
  10. Formal Dinner Service
  11. Individualized Food Display
  12. Mini Wedding Cakes
  13. Customized Favors
  14. Celebration Care Packages

For more trends, feel free to check out the links below to see where the gowns and rings are from, plus, how people are choosing to celebrate in not only memorable ways, but also within a safe environment.


Wedding Dress Styles

1. Dramatic Sleeves





















2. Shimmery Beading











3. Sleek Silhouettes






4. Lace Details











5. Blush Tones



6.  Floral Prints










7. Beauty In Black




Engagement Ring Ideas


Cushion Cut with Half Moons 


Canary/Champagne Stone


My favorite shape: Oval Cut πŸ’ 


Pear Shape 


Radiant Cut with Halo


Round Brilliant Cut


Oval Cut


Pear/Tear-Drop Shape


Marquise Cut


Emerald Stone





How could you ever say no to a “Gatsby ring”?! πŸ₯ΊπŸ’



No comments:

Post a Comment