Tuesday, January 30, 2018

Am I dreaming? How is it still January...?!

I don't think that I've ever realized how slow January seems to go by... But, the fact that we're getting closer to my birthday month does perk me up a bit.

Well, I went to two interviews last Thursday. They went well and everyone seemed kind and accommodating. I'm most likely leaning towards one over the other and it does help that they seem more inclined to cater to my schedule. It's not easy job-hunting in this day and age... There are days when I sit or lay back and contemplate, "What are you doing with your life?" I sometimes can't help, but wonder if I'm missing out on my true purpose in life.


I'm in no way putting my talents on a pedestal, but you would think with my abilities most would probably want to fight for their dream(s). Yes, I've been blessed with the talent of singing but I never saw it as anything to showcase. I'm a romantic, so of course I'm the type to gravitate towards songs that speak to my melancholy heart. I think the only times I truly begin considering exploring the path of music, is when people hear me for the first time (or more than once, apparently I have fans...) and they encourage me to continue. It's fascinating to me because while growing up, art was my passion. I used to think that I was going to become an artist, but then once I discovered my adoration for fashion, that's when the prospect of fashion design came into the picture. Also, with my admiration for cosmetics and makeup application, people have even encouraged me to start-up a YouTube channel or even offer to do makeup for special occasions for some extra money. 🤔🤔


I guess there are so many things that I would like to pursue, so I find myself pushing myself to only go after one and perhaps that's not fair to myself. Maybe I owe it to myself to sit down, grab the nearest and dearest that are willing to hear me out and might even be able to help a girl out (ya gotta support one another), and GET TO WORK!




  • Start sketching or coloring/painting again. 🖌🎨
  • Practice sewing again. 💆🏻‍♀️
  • Start singing MORE! 🎤
  • Perhaps write a song.💬🎶
  • Record in a studio. 😩🎧🎼
  • Perhaps perform (on my terms.) 🎭🙌🏼
  • Let loose and dance again! 💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻💃🏻

What do you aspire to accomplish or try this year? Feel free to let me know in the comment box below.

With Love,
Sharon 💕

2 comments:

  1. Hey Love! I absolutely enjoyed this post and I am so proud of you. Never stop doing what you love!

    Love,
    Mwamba (your buddy buddy)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awwww! Thank you so much, buddy-buddy! It feels quite liberating to express my inner thoughts/struggles/emotions. You already know how long it’s been since I’ve rediscovered myself and embraced all of me. I appreciate your love and support! We about to do big thangs! XOXO

      All my love,
      Sharon (your river valley-heeee... Hahah

      Delete